Join Wealthsimple

Use this link, and get TWO free stocks to trade! https://my.wealthsimple.com/app/public/trade-referral-signup?code=I30GVG

Monday 30 August 2021

Energy Stocks

Algonquin Power (AQN) and Ballard Power (BLDP) are two energy stocks worth researching and investing in, in my opinion.

AQN has nice steady growth over the past 5 years, so definitely a strong contender.

You can see a blip from March 2020 for the start of the pandemic, but it had a very quick recovery.

This is a company which will continue to grow in my opinion, as they are expanding into renewable energy production and solar/turbine energy production is going to become a huge business during the next 30 years. Definitely a smart long term investment.

Nor are they limited by that. They are already a huge company that deals in both production, transmission and distribution of energy across Canada and the USA.

Ballard Power meanwhile is really banking on renewable energy. Hence the big spike in their stock price during the past year, followed by a calmer period.

BLDP as you can see has lots of room to grow, having gone from $2 per share 5 years ago and is now over $20.

I wouldn't be surprised if BLDP was worth $100 to $200 per share by the end of the decade.


Buying both of these stocks to me is a no-brainer. You buy both and you hedge your bets.

There are other energy stocks to consider, but I haven't seen any yet that are performing like these two.

Nor am I worried about BLDP's upward blip. That to me is a sign that this stock is ready to go even higher.

It will be interesting to come back a year from now or 5 years from now and see how well these stocks are doing.

I put my money where my mouth is. I bought both of these stocks, and I believe you should too while they're still affordable.



HAPPY INVESTING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL COMMENTS ARE MODERATED. SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED. ANYTHING CONTAINING A LINK WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE SPAM.