Join Wealthsimple

Use this link, and get TWO free stocks to trade! https://my.wealthsimple.com/app/public/trade-referral-signup?code=I30GVG

Monday 24 January 2022

Will Shopify ever go back up in value? Is this actually an opportunity?

In the past few months Shopify did something unexpected, diving from record highs to a fraction of what it used to be worth.

Thankfully I didn't buy that much stock in Shopify, and I have insulated myself by diversifying my portfolio.

Indeed, Shopify isn't the only stock during badly lately. The looming war in Ukraine with Russia on the war path has put a dent in many of my long term "darling stocks".

But I see this as an opportunity.

For a fraction of the price someone like myself can now purchase Shopify and other stocks for a relatively low price, and when the market goes back to normal eventually (assuming Russia doesn't start a nuclear war) then the stock prices should go back up again.

Not just Shopify, but many other companies that have also been hard hit in recent months, and can be expected to rebound sharply once the looming war (and the pandemic) are both over.

This rough patch right now is an opportunity for investors. The trick is to be on the lookout for what stocks are likely to go up in value due to the war, and what stocks are likely to go up in value after the war is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL COMMENTS ARE MODERATED. SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED. ANYTHING CONTAINING A LINK WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE SPAM.